Monday, October 12, 2009

Oops

Oops, it's October. And I haven't posted for awhile. A brief overview:

1- School is fine. I have a lot of papers to write, including my thesis. (Which is finally pinned down-- how having enough food on a regular basis affects people's ability to change dietary behaviors.)

2- If you feel like doing a good deed, I am looking for images (like advertisements, etc.) that show "health," especially images or slogans that might have questionable validity. I'm doing a paper on how mass media affects how we think about health, so send me a link if you find something! :)

3- It's starting to cool down around here. This means snuggling with a big quilt at night (love!) and sweaters (love love!) and jeans (love love LOVE!). And of course, it means apples and butternut squash and trees that look like they're flaming. Excellent.

4- I found a new favorite recipe (pesto alla trapanese) and I made it with basil that I grew myself! (It's pretty much the only thing that survived this summer, thanks to the brutal rainstorm at the beginning that trounced all of my tender shoots). I also discovered that roasting nuts in a skillet is really easy and makes nuts taste so good. :) I might even like this better than the usual basil/pine nut pesto. Yum.

No comments: